Veiled Experts features a total of 10 playable characters, also referred to as “agents”. Each of these agents usually possesses unique abilities and characteristics which can influence your playstyle and strategy. Let’s look at all the abilities of all agents one by one.
List of Agents:
- Dmitry Ivanovsky (codename Smog) is a 60-year-old former member of Darya, which was a powerful Russian mafia organization that had extensive influence throughout government and society.
- Dmitry held a significant rank within Darya, as represented by his back tattoo. His trust in the gang’s boss was strong, likened to a brotherly bond, but this trust was ultimately betrayed. To help his daughter, Angelina, he moved to the US with the aim of procuring a cybernetic body for her. After this betrayal, Dmitry left Darya and joined BLACK SPECTER, a group consisting of retired mafia members.
- Driven by revenge, Dmitry successfully located and killed Sergey, the boss of Darya, but not without personal loss as he lost an arm in the process. With a contract from VX, Dmitry was equipped with a cybernetic arm. He has formidable strength and demonstrates sophisticated battle tactics, earning a reputation as a fearsome assassin among other hired killers.
- In the game, Dmitry has a signature ability called “Have a Drink”, which temporarily boosts his movement speed.
- He also has an inherent ability known as “Lightspeed Sniping”. When he hits an enemy with either a Sniper Rifle (SR) or Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR), the location of the nearest enemy is revealed for a short duration of five seconds.
- Dmitry is also provided with an M24 sniper rifle at the beginning of the fourth round, which is a part of his “Sniper” ability.
- Jack Kane, a 45-year-old male from Chicago, Illinois, who’s an agent of the 1st DEGREE organization. He used to be an international black-market arms dealer who used a pizza shop as a front for his illegal activities. Jack built a reputation as the Handler and is known for doing clandestine work all over the globe. He has a flawless track record, having never failed a mission in his career.
- Jack managed to stay one step ahead of Interpol thanks to his numerous international connections who kept him informed about their movements. One of these connections was Lily Rose, a double agent for UNDERTAKE, who helped Jack fake his identity. His knack for staying off the radar caught the attention of VX, who offered him a deal fit for a top-tier agent.
- As a result, Jack is the only agent who gets a free PB Pistol from the VX Market when he’s on a mission. Over the years, Jack has amassed dozens of fake identities and passports and has made friends and enemies all around the world. The name Jack Kane is just one of many aliases he uses while working.
- His signature ability, “Spin Pistol” lets him instantly load his pistol with 7 rounds.
- His native ability, “Pistol Enthusiast“, allows him to start Round 1 with a PB Pistol, and any hit to an enemy’s torso causes intense stun.
- Another of his abilities, “Lone Wolf”, means he replenishes armor whenever a teammate dies. If he’s the last one standing, the locations of all enemies are revealed, his health recovers rapidly over 45 seconds, and his maximum armor durability is increased.
- Kyle Miller is a medic who is also known as Tyrone Scott. He is a 35-year-old male from Baltimore, Maryland, affiliated with the organization known as SPOTTER. Before becoming a skilled mercenary specializing in rescuing teammates, Kyle grew up in the slums and understood from a young age the importance of physical and mental strength.
- Kyle undertook grueling training to become a Navy SEAL and went on to complete an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program at the University of Mckinsey Medical Center. Unfortunately, he experienced a personal loss due to human organ traffickers and his close friend Wiser, an agent with SPOTTER, went missing. These incidents motivated Kyle to join SPOTTER himself, leading their search team to find Wiser.
- Kyle’s contract with VX, the overarching organization, stipulates that he will receive information on Wiser’s whereabouts once he completes his mission. In return, VX will collaborate with Kyle in the search for Wiser. As a combat medic, Kyle’s resilience and determination stand out in the battleground.
- His signature ability, “Battle Shout” significantly improves recoil control for 5 seconds, making his shots more accurate.
- His native ability, “Rescue Specialization” allows him to revive allies in less time, and they recover at full health, making him a valuable team member in emergency situations.
- Another of his abilities, “Best Supplies” reduces the damage he takes from explosions such as frag grenades and melee attacks by 40%. Additionally, it enables him to recover 10 HP over time and increases his movement speed by 20% for 3 seconds, helping him swiftly navigate the battlefield.
- Lily Rose Elder is a 32-year-old British female and her hometown is London. She works for the organization known as UNDERTAKE. One unique aspect about her is that she has a cybernetic eyeball, a result of an injury she sustained on a mission.
- Her backstory is quite intriguing. She was once a British MI6 agent who doubled as a secret operative for UNDERTAKE, a division of the US Secret Intelligence Agency (SIA). Her assignments involved assassination missions worldwide and trafficking classified items. She lost an eye during a mission in the UK, leading to her current cybernetic upgrade from VX, the organization she now works with.
- Lily Rose isn’t just an ordinary agent. She has a wide range of skills from marksmanship to acrobatics, even horse riding, ballet, and harp playing. She is especially good with submachine guns. She and Jack Kane, another character in this game, share a close relationship. In fact, she was the one who helped him establish fake identities when he was an arms dealer.
- Money Tosser: This ability increases the discount rate in the game’s market each time you use it. It can lead to a maximum of 20% off for one purchase in each round.
- Final Resistance: When Lily Rose is incapacitated, this ability boosts her movement speed and health. It also lets her use her main weapon. If she has a frag grenade when she dies, it will detonate. Moreover, damage from explosions is lessened while she’s incapacitated.
- Ammo Discount: This ability allows Lily to get firearms and ammunition from the market at reduced prices.
- Luna Ella Pietschmann, a 20-year-old German woman, used to be an average person. However, following a severe traffic accident that left her with only 25% of her body functionality, she underwent a procedure known as Transfer. This process moved her consciousness into the body of a highly skilled mercenary named Reina.
- After this Transfer procedure, Luna inherited some of Reina’s abilities, tendencies, and weapon preferences, making her a formidable mercenary. However, Luna doesn’t know much about Reina, apart from her name, as her memories are fragmented and only return to her sporadically during combat.
- The game organization she’s associated with is LUMINOUS, and her favorite food includes corn dogs and cotton candy. Her hobby is dancing.
- Eat a Corn Dog: This ability allows Luna to recover a small portion of her health immediately. There’s a slim chance she might recover a significant amount of health.
- Infighter: Luna recovers 1 HP for every physical blow she lands on an enemy’s torso. This effect also applies when she uses shotguns and double-barreled shotguns.
- Reina in Charge: When Luna’s health drops to 30% or lower, this ability triggers a Transfer state, enabling her to restore 40 HP and boost her movement speed for 10 seconds.
- Nicki, aged 28, is part of an organization called GLIDE and carries the code name “Jackpot”. Born into a criminal world in Naples, Italy, she was a member of her mother’s gang, GLIDE, engaging in activities like gambling, real estate speculation, and the drug trade.
- When GLIDE began to crumble due to conflicts with northern Italian rivals, her mother, Bella Landecker, brokered a deal with VX, a third-world organization. This deal was made to protect Nicki in case the gang wars became too dangerous. As her mother predicted, GLIDE fell in a surprise attack by a rival gang, leaving Nicki as the sole survivor with the help of a VX agent.
- Severely injured with a gunshot wound, Nicki was near death when VX stepped in, implanting a cybernetic heart named Credo into her. This saved her life, but it also meant that she now requires regular Credo upgrades to stay alive.
- Cybernetic Heart Acceleration: This ability allows her to regain 80 HP over an 8-second period when she is revived from being incapacitated.
- Cybernetic Heart Recharge: If Nicki is incapacitated, she can hold down the “F” key to self-revive. Note, this ability has a cooldown of 180 seconds, meaning it can’t be used continuously.
- Coin Flip (Signature ability): This is a chance-based ability that allows her to possibly gain coins. If she successfully assists or kills an enemy, the probability and amount of coin drops increase for one use.
- Rita, aged 22, carries the code name “DJ Mcqueen”. She doesn’t belong to any specific organization and also hasn’t undergone any biomodification. Known for her eccentric vibes and party-like approach to combat, her fellow agents often refer to her as a “psycho”, “freak”, or “lunatic”.
- She’s in the business of being an agent simply for the thrill of it, embodying the “You Only Live Once” lifestyle. However, her unpredictable mood swings can sometimes be a hindrance to the success rate of her missions.
- Party Animal (Exclusive Lepton): Rita’s mood is influenced by nearby explosions, destructions, and dealing damage to an enemy, and this mood affects her movement speed. If she gets hit or if her mood doesn’t increase for 10 seconds, her mood declines. If she reaches her peak mood, her Signature Action is boosted, and when she knocks an enemy down, it restores her Armor Plate.
- Intro Track (Exclusive Lepton): At the start of each round, Rita gains an effect based on the track playing. For instance, if Track 2 is playing, her movement speed decreases for 10 seconds.
- Beatmatching (Signature): Depending on the track played after use, Rita gains one of three effects: increased movement speed, health recovery, or increased Fever. When Rita enters Fever mode, it fully restores her Armor Plate for one time and boosts her movement speed.
- Simon, age 26, known by his code name “Scar X”, is a member of an organization called BAD BIRD. He does not have any biomodifications and is known to prefer knives over firearms.
- He has a history as a serial killer and became a professional killer after going through an in-prison training program.
- Simon then moved to the US and worked for BAD BIRD but was removed due to his consistent rule-breaking. He is the only agent who knows about another agent named Reina’s past.
- Armed Robbery (Exclusive Lepton): This ability is triggered when Simon lands a melee attack. It grants him increased melee damage, enhances his movement speed by 10% for 5 seconds, and reveals the location of a random enemy for 15 seconds. Moreover, if Simon incapacitates an enemy, he recovers 20 HP over 10 seconds. This ability has a cooldown of 5 seconds.
- Loot (Exclusive Lepton): Simon can use this ability to loot a dead enemy. By holding down the F key on a fallen enemy, he can steal 50% of their coins and recover 50 HP.
- Knife Licking (Signature): This ability increases Simon’s movement speed by 10% for 10 seconds and reduces the duration of any stuns he receives when hit.
- Soy, age 22, is an engineer specializing in biomodification and is part of the SOY LAB organization. Her code name is “Screw”. Soy began her career by enhancing robotics and later shifted her interest to modifying human bodies as biomodification technology advanced.
- She notably rescued and fully modified the body of E-Ster, who had almost died in a lab fire. This makes E-Ster a constant subject of Soy’s research. At VX, the organization providing her with financial and technological support, she is recognized as a proficient biomodification engineer.
- This role has her assisting and studying the biomodification of agents and also supporting them during their missions. All of her research data belongs to VX and is classified as top secret.
- Support Mode (Exclusive Lepton): This ability allows Soy to gradually restore the health or Armor Plate of teammates who are within her range. Additionally, she recovers 10 HP every 10 seconds. There are two modes for this ability: Mode 1, which focuses on Health Restoration, and Mode 2, which focuses on Armor Plate Restoration.
- Drone Tracking (Exclusive Lepton): By holding the F key, Soy can detect one enemy within a 30-meter radius around her. This ability has a cooldown of 30 seconds.
- Switch Support Mode (Signature): This is her signature ability that allows her to switch between the two modes of her Support Mode ability. Mode 1 is for HP Recovery and Mode 2 is for Armor Plate Repair.
- Young Sik is a 24-year-old cloned mercenary associated with the organization $PIRYTU$. His code name is 0 (ZERO), indicating his status as a clone. Born from an experiment to create highly competent mercenaries, Young Sik is highly intelligent and skilled. However, due to his ability to potentially hack the VX tracking system, he is closely monitored.
- Young Sik sought to end the cloning program by causing an explosion at the lab, even going so far as to shoot the research director, Dr. Morgan. While he believed his actions were successful, it turns out that his attempt to shut down the lab was actually a test orchestrated by VX to assess his abilities.
- Genius Hacker (Exclusive Lepton): As a genius hacker, Young Sik can expose the positions of enemies by hacking zip lines. He also has the ability to plant or defuse SEED faster than others. When he hacks a SEED planting area, it triggers a scan grenade against any enemies responding to the SEED.
- Tracking Device (Exclusive Lepton): Young Sik receives a Scan Bow at the beginning of Round 2. This allows him to briefly reveal name tags on auto-generated enemy detection pings, which likely provides a positional advantage against enemies.
- Smart Glass Scan (Signature): His signature move is the Smart Glass Scan, which can scan a narrow strip 25 meters in front of him for enemies. This ability gives Young Sik a significant advantage in identifying potential threats in his immediate path.