Want to play the SF6 Beta but don’t know how? We’ve got you covered. Let’s get you up to speed on everything you need to know to start playing Street Fighter 6 Open Beta right away.
1. What’s the deal with Street Fighter 6’s open beta?
Street Fighter 6 is launching on June 2, 2023. But before that, they’re running an open beta. It’s exactly what it sounds like – a test run of the game that’s open for everyone to try. It’s a chance to try out the game, report any bugs or glitches, and give feedback.
2. When is the open beta happening?
The beta is scheduled to start from May 19, 2023 at 00:00 PDT or 07:00 UTC and will run till May 21, 2023 24:00 PDT or May 22, 2023 07:00 UTC. Make sure to convert these times to your local time zone so you don’t miss out.
3. How do I get into the open beta?
First, you need to register a CAPCOM ID and link it to your gaming platform. You can do this at their website or follow the links we’ve provided. Make sure you do this ahead of time to avoid any delays when the beta starts.
4. Are there any requirements to participate in the beta?
Yeah, there are a few. You need to be old enough to play the game according to the rating system in your region. You also need to meet the system requirements to play the game on your platform. And of course, you need an account on your chosen platform.
5. Which platforms are supported?
You can play the open beta on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam (PC).
6. What can I do in the beta?
The open beta will include a bunch of features, like character creation, ranked matches, casual matches, battle hub matches, open tournaments, training mode, and more. There’s even an Extreme Battles mode which changes every day. You can also customize your avatar that appears in the Battle Hub when you first start the game.
7. Who can I play as in the beta?
You’ll be able to play as eight characters: Luke, Jamie, Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile, Kimberly, Juri, and Ken.
8. What are the system requirements to play?
The game requires at least Windows 10 with an Intel Core i5-7500 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 8GB memory, and a GTX1060 or Radeon RX 580 with 4GB VRAM. The recommended specs bump it up a bit. You also need at least 25GB of available storage space.
9. How do I participate in the open beta?
Just make sure you meet the preconditions, then download the game, and launchit during the open beta period.
10. Any other important stuff I should know?
Yeah, a couple of things. First, you have to link your platform account to your CAPCOM ID. And second, if you’re playing on PC and have an AMD Radeon series GPU, make sure you’ve got the latest drivers installed.
To link your CAPCOM ID with external accounts follow these links.
- Link with PSN: https://cid.capcom.com/en/account/external-connect/confirm/psn/
- Link with Xbox Live: https://cid.capcom.com/en/account/external-connect/confirm/xboxlive/
- Link with Steam: https://cid.capcom.com/en/account/external-connect/confirm/steam/