Starship Troopers: Extermination is a cooperative multiplayer first-person shooter game where up to twelve players can work together. The game is set in a distant, extraterrestrial battlefield where you and your allies are embroiled in a conflict against alien creatures referred to as ‘Bugs’. As part of the Deep Space Vanguard, an elite military unit, your mission is to retake planets that have been occupied by these Bugs.
In the game, each player gets a rifle to start with, and as a team, you are required to cooperate to achieve your objectives and ensure your squad’s survival. The weapons list, as seen in the game so far, includes the following:
- Rocket Launcher
- Grenade Launcher
- Assault Rifle
- Bullpup Rifle
- Sniper Rifle
- Heavy Assault Rifle (also known as DMR)
Additionally, there are an unspecified number of auxiliary items such as grenades, cluster bombs, etc. which add to your combat capabilities.
Many early access players are wondering how to get their hands on rocket launcher in the game. So far, it seems there are 4 known methods:
- Random Supply Drop: Occasionally, during gameplay, a rocket launcher might randomly drop in a supply package. You’ll need to be observant to spot these when they appear.
- Capture Certain Areas: During a mission, there may be certain locations that you need to secure or ‘capture’. Once successfully captured, these locations can spawn a rocket launcher that you can collect.
- Repairing Generators: Often found in sets of three, generators can be repaired. Once repaired, a rocket launcher will be available in a nearby compartment.
- Scanning Beacon: Picking up a rocket launcher from the scan beacon is another method.
Remember, regardless of how you acquire it, the rocket launcher only has 12 shots. So, you should consider using them strategically in key moments to ensure maximum effect. In any case, it’s crucial to act quickly to pick up the weapon before your fellow players do.
The availability of rocket launchers can be random, so keep an eye out and try to understand when they might present themselves. This is a key part of strategic gameplay in Starship Troopers Extermination.